Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rich Hall 6/10


I went to see this show on my friends recommendation, and was expecting good things however it just proves how individual our humours can be -- after watching the show I was suprised that I didn't really rate it that highly. He opened the show by apologising for being American, and quickly launched into an anti bush rant (given the current climate this is pretty predictable material). For me he never really moved on from trading on the UK's hate-hate relationship with the States which became a little monotonous and I got a bit bored waiting for him to switch to another topic. He did move on close to the end, picking on audience members although I'm sure he promtly regretted picking "halkien" who turned out to be an obnoxious English Edinburgh Uni student (yes you know the kind I'm talking about) who would not shut up much to his girlfriend was embarassment (although having said that the audience was pretty subdued so there were not many heckles for Hall to jump on to). There was no finish to the show it just petered out with him fleeing the stage as he'd over run (the assembly room staff looked more than ready to move in). Overall the show had its moments but I don't think I will be rushing to buy tickets anytim soon!!

No comments: