Saturday, August 26, 2006

In between Stuff

In between my computer not working a few things have happened.

1) Our work had an away day - yipee a day out of the office. We were all bussed down to Peebles Cardrona for a day of activities and problem solving, all in the aim of bringing us together as a team (yeah right!)
In the morning we took part in a mini highland games. This consisted of:
Tossing the caber
Archery
Weight over distance
Shotput
Tug of War
My team, I was team leader and got to wear a sexy white cap! (team 4) was at an immediate disadvantage we were 2 members down and had no male members. This was most apparent in the tug of war which we lost at, apart from 2 times when men from other teams took pity on us and joined in! In the afternoon there were problem solving activities, abseiling, quad biking and laser clays. I loved abseiling again, the only thing that made it tricky was the torrential rain and my merrell shoes were not up to the job so I came down for the most part on my knees! After spending about 5 hours in the pouring rain we were all thoroughly soaked (although some won't agree I thought the rain added to the day) so we headed indoor to change, have tea and scones and a mini prize giving. Then it was back on the bus and up to Edinburgh.

2)I had a couple of days off work and headed down to stay with my cousin. This is always great as its lovely to see her and catch up (we get to watch lots of films, have girlie sessions with face packs and always manage to fit in a spot of shopping). Its also great as I get to catch up with my wee godson who is just the best thing since sliced bread (I may be biased!). He is fast growing up and will be 4 this week and is off to school (how grown up). My cousin owns a childrens boutique www.fuzzyduck.co.uk (shameless promotion!!) which is like alladins cave of all things related to children - its fab. Having a few days off work was a godsend as I've been doing a lot of overtime and the secondment that I'm working on has been pretty full on. Was very sad to have to say goodbye and come back home - but needs must and pennies have to be earned!!

No comments: